Marinaded Tuna Steaks
Tuna steaks are a great ingredient which can basically go with anything, today it was a sort of steak grill with oven chips, but you could put them with rice, potatoes, pastas, salads, etc.
Here is a simple marinade recipe for delicious tangy steaks (can be used for tuna and beef steak).
- 4 - 6 tbsp Olive oil (I used rapeseed oil here, as it's a locally produced oil with healthier properties, but olive oil is just as good in this case)
- 2 - 3tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Powder
- 1 - 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Get your tuna steaks out and place them in a tray so they can lay flat, check for membranes/connective tissue, etc and trim it off. This is usually done by the fishmonger, but just incase.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Add extra oil if necessary to get the right consistency.
- Simply pour the marinade over the steaks, cover in cling film, and refrigerate for 1 - 5 hours.
I grill mine on a flat plate, but you could use a non stick frying pan, or even a barbecue.