Friday 18 January 2013

A little thought on decorating

As it gets closer to student loan pay day (!) I'm starting to think seriously about how this money will be spent.

As you will probably all know, I live with my lovely fiancé, Calvin, who works full time as a care worker with disabled people and he does the odd couple of nights of palliative care (i.e. caring for people in the last few weeks of their life). So, we get by mostly on his wages.

That means, that when student loan day comes around (every 3 months during University time) it's spent on things we've needed and not had the chance or bother to save up for. Here I am going to share a few of the little things that we will be getting :)

We moved into our little house back at the end of november, a week before my 21st, and have been slowly doing it up. We already had our sofas, telly, etc and we got a few other things such as a desk, book case, fridge/freezer, lamps, etc from our parents. For christmas we got an awesome little bedroom set, not vintage at all, but it's nice (all black gloss and walnut "wood").

We've been telling ourselves that we will get a coffee table, a rug, shelving, a vanity table, another chest of drawers and a little telephone table as soon as we have the money to, so that's what I'll be looking for over the next few weeks. All thrifted/eBay'd or at least very cheap (but good quality!)

These are a few of the things I've had my eye on though!

Living Room

I love how practical this is. We don't have much space in our living room due to one wall being completely open to the kitchen and the others being taken up by huge ass comfy sofas! So I love the idea of being able to store two smaller tables under the coffee table. I've also been looking at shorter legged coffee tables with a little shelf and drawers. Let's be fair, the living room has most of my stuff in it, including books, magazines, craft stuff, etc. 




Which one?! (My walls are a pastel sage green kinda colour and my sofas are a fawn) Ohhh, they are so gorgeous! I'm thinking bigger is better, but I don't know?

Bedroom
I'm also trying to work out what colour to paint the bedroom. I'm thinking I want to paint all of the walls, rather than just one, but I don't know. And I don't have a clue what colour! Can't really be too girly though :/ Hmm! I was thinking some sort of blue? Argh! I hate deciding!


I love the mega strong mustard colour here against the blue. Maybe I could do something like this?

Or a colour like this one on wall? It's so luxurious against the utilitarian flooring and bed frame. 

This is quite nice, fresh, strong but not overpowering. 

Decisions, decisions!

Peace and Love
xx










No comments:

Post a Comment